Third Tuesday, from 02/16/2021 to 05/18/2021, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
CALLING ALL MOMS!
Our MOPS & MOMSnext group
meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays
At North Main & ON ZOOM
6:30pm - 8:30pm.
The 2020-2021 year is starting up September 1st and we will meet in the Life Center at North Main (physically AND digitally!) from September through May with additional play dates and Mom's Night Outs throughout the year. You are welcome to sit in and join us to see what we're all about. We look forward to meeting you!
All moms are invited to join us!
Dear MOPS and MOMSnext moms,
Welcome to a new season of MOPS and MOMSnext! We hope this will be an exciting and enriching time for you and your children. Our goal is to provide a nurturing atmosphere for mothers and their children. Each season of MOPS offers new possibilities for personal growth, friendship, and sharing. We're embracing potential change and we're Deciding to Rise above it. Things may look different this MOPS season, but we're going to Be Strong and continue to Chase Joy. Our leadership team is going to Do Our Work to ensure that this MOPS season continues to fulfill its purpose in supporting, encouraging, and strengthening moms.
Please take the time to look over the enclosed materials. Don’t let the amount of information overwhelm you. All of it is necessary so that everyone can get the most out of MOPS and MOMSnext, and it helps give a clear understanding of how our program works.
Being a member of MOPS and MOMSnext does take some commitment from you. Your participation no matter how big or how small makes a difference, even if just means trying to make it to a meeting, which can be a challenge sometimes (trust us we know). Please read through the enclosed forms before registering. At any time throughout the year your Discussion Group Leaders, Mentor Moms, or Coordinators are available to answer any questions you may have regarding policies, membership, or activities within the group. Please do not be afraid to ask questions, we are more than happy to help!
We are so excited to start another great year of MOPS and MOMSnext and look forward to getting to know you better and seeing what God has planned for us this year. Bear with us as we all navigate the current climate.
Thank you and many blessings,
North Main MOPS and MOMSnext Steering Team
What to expect at a MOPS/MOMSnext Meeting?
This is a place where you get to meet other moms who share similar feelings, interests, and maybe even struggles just like you. You get to come in and get a break. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and some snacks and relax! We have guest speakers, play games, make crafts, and well… just BE us. Where you get to encourage and be encouraged by fellow moms. It’s a place for growing relationships with other moms and bettering yourself so you are able to be a well-rounded woman.
MOPS International Registration Fee and Group Dues
You are asked to pay a $31.95 registration fee that goes directly to MOPS International. You will get the MOPS magazine, e-mails, and other themed items from MOPS International. Our group also has dues, which are $10 this year. Both of these need to be paid by your third meeting. If at any time this is a hardship for you please let Tina Bortmes, Marylou Palmer, or Krystal Spachtholz know and we can make a private arrangement. All requests are confidential, and above all we want you to be here at the meetings with us.
Children & Registration
Please make sure your child’s information is submitted prior to you coming to the MOPS & MOMSnext meeting. There will be a weekly RSVP for childcare, due to childcare restrictions we have a max of 10 children. Please see the MOPS Kids policy for further information. The children go into one room together, regardless of age. Park in the “Orange” parking lot across Beech Rd. and up the steps through the side door. There is a ramp entrance from the Red parking lot if you need it. When you enter the door there will be a set of stairs that lead down to the childcare room. There you will sign your child in with our volunteers, and label all of your child’s belongings. The program is designed for children of MOPS and MOMSnext moms only.
Our MOPS & MOMSnext group for the 2020-2021 year will Tuesday evenings from 6:15pm - 8:30pm with limited childcare. We will also be offering a virtual option for those who can’t make it in person! Links will be posted on our Private Facebook page, which you will be added to once registered. Please arrive on time! Meetings will start promptly on the half-hour. In regards to cancellations, we follow the Butler Area School District. If there is a delay or cancellation at the time of the meeting we will cancel the meeting or move it strictly to virtual. A posting will be made on the MOPS/MOMS Next private Facebook group page if this happens.
We will be following the current guidelines of North Main for the food at our meetings. Instead of tables, this year we will have signups, and everything needs to be individually packaged or you need to serve it to everyone.
Can’t make a meeting? What do I do?
- If you cannot make it in person, you are always welcome to join us virtually. If it is an emergency or something important came up, please let us know so we can be praying for you!
- If you have registered for childcare and know you will be unable to make it please let us know 24 hours before the meeting otherwise we may not be able to credit your money forward for the next time you need childcare.
- If your schedule changes and conflicts with the meetings, or you lose interest in the group and don’t intend to continue as a member, please let a leader know as a courtesy.
There are areas of our MOPS and MOMSnext program that, if we work together and share the load, will make things run more smoothly. If you would like to give back to the group, please talk to a leader for more information on how you can help. There are several opportunities for you!
MOPS & MOMSnext Facebook pages
Please be sure to register yourself and your children so we can add you to our private Facebook group. Using the private page we communicate and talk to each other throughout the week, share life stories, pictures of our kids, inspirational devotions, and we also communicate our virtual meeting links, playdates, and mom’s night out events (with reminders!). It is a great way to be in the loop and to grow deeper relationships in-between MOPS and MOMSnext meetings.
What is MOPS Kids?
During our meetings, our children enjoy a safe, clean, and stimulating environment while moms enjoy the company of other mothers. Your children will get to enjoy playtime while under the loving care of our qualified workers and volunteers. We have a max of 10 children this year due to class size restrictions and childcare workers.
Does my child need to register?
If you may need childcare for your child(ren) during the MOPS & MOMSnext year, then YES. This information will be kept on file for the child to make RSVPing for childcare as simple as possible. Please input their information on the Registration form.
How do I RSVP my child for childcare?
A registration link will be provided for each meeting and will be posted on the Facebook page or can be emailed to you. Childcare will cost $5 for a single child per meeting and $10 for families bringing multiple children. This payment is due upon RSVP and can be paid for on the same registration link.
What do I need to know before dropping my child off?
- Fully read and understand the sick policy.
- Mark your child’s name on all items you bring in with them.
- You will receive a text message if your child needs a diaper change, shows signs of sickness, or displays unruly behavior. Please make sure your cellphone is charged and notifications are on. Come get them promptly.
- Snacks will NOT be provided. Make sure your child eats prior to being dropped off.
- Check-in you and your child so we account for everyone in case of an emergency.
- Kids are required to go to the bathroom and wash their hands before entering the classroom.
Where do my kids go?
Children of all ages will be together this year, if that is an issue please attempt to find alternate childcare. They will be downstairs in the classroom on the far right.
What do I bring for my kids?
As little as possible. A sippy cup/water bottle is okay as long as it is labeled. It will be kept up and out of reach of the rest of the children.
- Please do not bring any snacks into the room.
- Diaper bags are allowed but the workers will not be changing diapers.
- Masks are highly recommended and encouraged.
Volunteers and Paid Workers
We will have one paid worker. Our volunteers are on a rotation and typically change from meeting to meeting. Our workers and volunteers ALL have clearances (background checks, etc.) required by PA state law. We strive to comply with all PA law requirements for childcare!
MOPS KIDS SICK POLICY
For the protection of all of our children, please adhere to these guidelines when determining if you should bring your child to MOPS KIDS.
Your child will not be able to attend MOPS KIDS if your child has any of the following:
- Fever over 100.6 currently or in the last 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea currently of in the last 24 hours
- Runny nose (only clear runny noses are okay)
- Eye Infections
- Skin infections (impetigo, boils...)
- Childhood diseases (chickenpox, Pinkeye, Hand Foot & Mouth, etc.)
Please be courteous! If your child has any of the above before a meeting, please attend virtually.
- If your child develops any of the above symptoms while in our care, we will have you take your children from MOPS Kids.
- Please make the Mops Kids team aware of ANY allergies.
- The volunteers will not be able to attend to a potty training schedule or change diapers. If you are unsure if your child will stay dry during MOPS Kids, please use a pull-up/diaper during the meeting or take them to the bathroom prior to dropping them off.