We appreciate your commitment to serve as a leader at North Main. To help ensure a safe & secure environment, we are asking our leaders to complete their Leadership Covenant, Complete their background checks, and then submit them to us. If you have any questions after reading the following steps, please feel free to contact:
Family Life Pastor/ Office Administrator
Church Office 724-332-7813
In order to serve in any leadership capacity in ministry at North Main, a person must initially meet the following basic requirements:
1. Must be a committed believer in Christ as Lord and Savior.
2. Must be 18 years of age or older to lead a class or small group, or 16 years or older to assist. Younger students may be approved as helpers/leaders in nursery & preschool groups starting at 12 years old on a case-by-case basis.
3. Must be willing to work with others and effectively communicate and lead others with a gentle heart.
4. Must have been in attendance at North Main for a time period of at least twice a month for six months or longer.
5. Must be willing to complete the appropriate clearances & background checks for ministry in Birth – Senior High Youth Ministry.
Please download the Leadership Covenant and save it. If you agree with everything in the covenant and abide by it when leading or teaching at North Main, please print off just the last page and turn it in to the church office. We also have copies in the office if you do not have access to a printer.
1. FBI Clearances
If you have lived outside of PA within the last 10 years, please do this first. If you have been a resident of PA for 10 years or longer, this does not apply to you and you may skip obtaining this clearance.
Enter code 1KG6ZJ to begin registration.
- Register and pay online.
- Print the form to take with you along with your photo ID to get fingerprinted. Search by zip code to find the closest fingerprint place to you.
- After you get your clearance certificate in your mail or e-mail, send it to the church office and we will process a check to reimburse your expense. (Be on the lookout as the form will come directly to your home in approximately 2 weeks)
2. PA Criminal Clearances
Please follow the link above to obtain your Criminal Background Check form and bring in your results to us.
3. Child Abuse Clearances
This will take approximately 15 – 20 minutes. You will need your past addresses and the names of those you have lived with. Your certificate will be mailed to you from the state in about 2-3 weeks and will be the ONLY copy available. Please bring this to us as there is no other way for us to get a copy.
- Click on “Create Individual Account.” You will create a Keystone ID (username).
- Select volunteer
- You will then have to log in to your email and click the link to verify your email.
- Log back into the www.compass.state.pa.us website listed above & complete the process.
- Check your mail in 2-3 weeks.
- Bring us your results and we can make a copy for your file.
If you would like to upload your clearances to us instead of bringing them into the office you can do so here.